Our speaking programs are engaging, entertaining, and transformational.
Whether a private in-company event, a client perk, or an event to which you’re attracting registrants, Working with Power offers full-spectrum support to make your event a success. Clients prize our skill at attracting participants, setting the right tone, delivering an amazing experience, and following up in ways that make the message truly stick.
Learn more about our keynotes and trainings:
"The presenters and material will forever change the way you look at the world and assumptions you have about success and power."
- Beth Avery, Re/Max
We customize each keynote or other talk to the audience. With a strong track record spanning over a decade, we are a recognized authority on the following topics. By clicking on the topic, you can browse a description of what we cover in this area and some possible titles for talks.
- The epidemic of depletion facing people today (or women, if customized for an all-female audience)
- The side effects that tell you your "formula for success" isn't working
- The cost to companies of chronically depleted employees
- What’s possible when we work in a sustainable way
- Why work-life balance is a myth
- The Four Pillars of Sustainability
- How your fuel system really works
- The only productivity tool you really need
- How to unplug from adrenaline, overwhelm, and stress
- Succeeding without Side Effects
- Burnout-Proof Leadership
- Personal Sustainability: Learn to Go All Out Without Burning Out
- The 3 Myths of Work-Life Balance
- Is Success Running You Ragged?
Bottom Line Return for Participants and Organizations:
This presentation will:
- Improve productivity, creativity, innovation, and initiative in all levels of employees
- Reduce turnover, re-work, and low morale due to stress – even in high-pressure environments
- Strengthen leadership skills including strategy, people-development, change management, and resilience
- Increase participants’ sense of work-life balance and sense of meaning and fulfillment at work
- Help participants feel the organization respects their personal lives and wants to help them manage their pressures
- How leaders cast a shadow down their organizations – positive and negative
- The unintentional impact leaders’ behaviors have
- How your team reflects your working style, including positive changes you make in it
- Why the communication and work styles that work well at high levels translate to difficult work environments for your people on the front lines
- Ways leaders unwittingly create anxiety and competition and stifle collaboration
- Replicating Your Best: How Leaders Can Translate Their Capabilities Down the Organization
- Separate Worlds: Why Front-Line Employees Experience a Different Company than Leaders, and What Leaders Can Do to Close the Gap
- Rising to the Challenge of Culture Change: The Most Effective Steps Any Leader Can Take Now
- Canaries in the Coal Mine: What the Problem of Retaining Women Can Teach Us About Transforming Culture
- Why pressure makes communication harder…and how it makes it more important
- The most common ways “good communicators” fail when it matters most
- The four mistakes we make (even before we start talking) that send conversations off-track
- Six ways to initiate a conversation that produce good results
- Signs your intent in a conversation is unproductive or unclear
- The single most important shift that makes nightmare conversations productive
- How to say no, make a big request, or renegotiate an agreement painlessly
- What’s the Unsaid Costing You?
- Communicating with Power: Saying What Needs Said Now
- Candid Communication in Intense Environments
- Difficult Conversations: How to Succeed with Tough Topics and Tough People
- The myths that burn good people out in intense cultures
- Signs of depletion and its key symptoms: burnout and fallout (on other people)
- How to handle pressure and stress without burning out
- How to turn it off at the end of the day
- Working with difficult people (without becoming one)
- Creating a sustainable way of working
- Leading your team, your peers, and your leaders
- The next revolution in the work world: changing our personal work culture
- Working with Power: How to Thrive in an Intense Environment
- Working with Difficult People (without becoming one)
- Working Under Pressure Without Getting Cooked: How to Thrive in an Intense Environment
Click on any of the above topics to read a more detailed description.
The trainings and experiences listed below address a range of client learning objectives. By clicking on these titles, you can browse descriptions, including learning objectives and customization options.
- Managing with Power: Leading in an Intense Environment
- Working with Power: How Women Can Thrive in Intense Environments
- The 12 Elements of Power™
- Communicating with Power -- Even with Difficult People
- Hitting and Exceeding Targets: Making Goals Work For You
- Handling Pressure and Stress: High Performance at a Lower Personal Cost
- Navigating Distortions of Power™
- The NEW Power Lunch for Women™
Click on any of the above training titles to read a more detailed description.
The people who bring us into their organization, team, or association take pride in the difference our events make for their participants. We help each of them do truly important work, and they themselves grow in the process.
As your partner in creating meaningful insight and change among the participants, we will help you have more ease and more impact every step of the way. We:
- CONSULT on event themes and components such as venue, food and beverage, participant gifts, and fun activities for icebreakers, conference mornings and evenings, or breaks.
- REFER additional speakers or performers for different needs for this and other events.
- PROVIDE COMPELLING LANGUAGE AND GRAPHICS for invitations, registrant reminders and context-setting, and post-event surveys. We collaborate with you to tweak and finalize this text for your audience.
- FACILITATE SET-UP, including room layout, audio-visual, and other on-site logistical provisions and coordinate with your other event staff to ensure impeccable execution.
- BRAND the event with the precise feel and effect you want, by recommending thoughtful details that reinforce your key themes.
From the moment we’re on board for your event, we are your partner. Please never hesitate to ask anyone on our staff for support to make your job easier.
We have delivered speaking, training, and executive coaching for dozens of organizations including:
The Boeing Company
Coldwell Banker Bain
Quality Controls Corp.
Women Business Owners
Women’s Business Exchange
Escrow Professionals of Washington
Windermere Real Estate
The Advertising Specialty Trade Show
Falkin and Associates
Carlile Transportation Systems
Harbor Club Women’s Business Forum
Columbia Tower Club Business Forum
We have a team of speakers in several locations in North America, Europe, and Australia. Primarily, however, our founders deliver the keynotes they are able to fit into their schedules. They frequently present as a pair, because audiences enjoy the energy, humor, and contrast they bring when they’re together.
When Working with Power provides a keynote, breakout session, training, or other event, the presentation always includes:
- Engaging stories, remarkable statistics, and other attention-grabbing elements
- Talented, dynamic presenters who’re also down-to-earth and easy to connect with
- Tangible, real-world examples and situations
- Immediately applicable tools
- Structures that support follow-up and integration of the learning